Last updated May 15, 2020
Influenza/virus infection cohort data from UAB clinical databases
How to Submit a Request for COVID-19 Limited Data set
- I2b2 provides self-service access to information about COVID-19 tested patients in the health system. All patients tested for COVID-19 are being added to i2b2, along with their clinical data frequently.
- The current cohort as of May 15, 2020
|# Tests Ordered||# persons with test order s||Average # Tests/Person||Max # Tests /Person|
|Distinct Persons||Distinct Orders||RESULTING_EVENT|
|1293||1398||Pending – No Events Yet|
|261||265||See Note/Comment/No Note|
|Number of Facts||Categories|
|4029098||Total # Covid-Related Orders|
|142,854,695||Total # Covid-Related Events|
Access to the full dataset, including demographics, encounters and all clinical facts is available upon request by emailing email@example.com
How to get access to i2b2 for self service
- Complete the Access Request Form
- For Non-Faculty (e.g., trainees, staff, students), supervisor approval is required. Follow the instructions in the request process for emailing supervisor approval to the i2b2 team.
- Learning Management System:
- Log-on to the UAB Learning Management System
- Search the catalog for “i2b2” or “limited data sets” and take the “course” entitled “Acknowledgement of Restrictions on the Use of Limited Data Sets”, enroll, read and acknowledge the “LDS Terms and Condition”.
- This must be completed once a year.
- Wait until the next day for completion information to reach i2b2 (records are updated nightly)
- HIPAA and IRB – Human Subjects Protection training are also required
- Log-on to i2b2
- Execute a query to obtain a patient data set
- Provide project details
- Download patient data set details
- Request additional data from CCTS Clinical Informatics